The impressive sequence of large halls in the New Palace begins with the spacious Vestibule. Its muted colours distinguish it from the light interiors of the garden halls on the ground floor and the festival halls on the upper floor.
The Vestibule was designed in its present form in 1723. The Tuscan pillars in Tegernsee marble support shallow domes painted in shades of ochre by Nikolaus Gottfried Stuber with illusionistic architecture and pairs of figures.
| top |