IT DE

Main information:

Schleißheim New Palace

Stucco-work Cabinet

 

Picture: Stucco-work Cabinet

This cabinet was part of the electoral apartment and was used at the time of Max III Joseph as a writing room.

The scagliola cladding of the walls was created in around 1629 for the Munich Residence by Wilhelm Pfeiffer, who was known as Fistulator, and was transferred to Schleißheim in 1724/25. The gilt ceiling stucco-work dating from 1725 is ascribed to Johann Baptist Zimmermann.

| top |